- November 2018
- Specifications released for CC-Link IE TSN
- April 2018
- Obtained legal entity
- August 2016
- A new network mode in the CC-Link IE Ethernet-based integrated network, "CC-Link IE Field Network Basic" has newly joined the lineup.
- March 2016
- Thai branch opens
- February 2016
- Mexican branch opens
- May 2015
- Cisco Systems joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Technological enhancement of the industrial IoT field
- October 2014
- Molex joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Global giant in products related to industrial networks joins
- August 2014
- CC-Link IE acquires “IEC61158/IEC61784” international standard certification
- April 2014
- Fumihiko Kimura appointed as new Chairman
Japan's leading expert in production system engineering and CAD / CAM
- March 2014
- Turkish branch opens
Dissemination activities take place in Turkey's rapidly growing manufacturing industry.
- October 2013
- CLPA membership exceeds 2,000 companies Number of members doubles in 5 years
- October 2013
- Balluff joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Further globalization of the CLPA Board with the first European member.
- October 2012
- Specifications released for energy management communication function, enabling sophisticated energy monitoring.
- October 2012
- Indian branch opens
Responding to the development of manufacturing industry in India.
- October 2012
- Shanghai Electric Ryoden Technology joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Strengthens the incorporation of Chinese market needs.
- April 2011
- Specifications released for CC-Link IE Field Safety Communication Function
Support for safety-related communication over Ethernet.
- November 2010
- CLPA's 10th anniversary.
- November 2010
- Announcement of the concepts of “CC-Link IE Field Network Safety Communication Function” and “CC-Link IE Field Network Motion Function”.
- August 2010
- CLPA membership exceeds 1,400 companies (Breakdown: 533 domestic companies / 875 foreign companies)
- April 2010
- 3M joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Global giant in the cable/connector field joins
- March 2010
- Topped 7 million units for the total shipment of CC-Link compatible products.
- November 2009
- Release of specifications for“CC-Link IE Field Network”
and “SLMP (Seamless Message Protocol)”.
Release of part 2 of the gigabit integrated network “CC-Link IE”. With the appearance of CC-Link IE Field, conventional serial based fieldbus networks move into the Ethernet domain.
- May 2009
- Taiwan standard “CNS 15252X6068” acquired. Acceptance in Taiwan, where industry is making rapid technical strides, is gathering speed.
- April 2009
- Cognex joins the CLPA Board of Directors
Marks the beginning of globalization of the Board.
- December 2008
- China National Standards “GB/T” acquired - the highest Chinese national standard relating to networks.
- March 2008
- National standard “KSB ISO15745-5” acquired in South Korea, supported by its rapidly developing presence in the LCD display panel industry.
- March 2008
- CLPA membership exceeds 1,000 companies. Overseas partners make up approx. 60% of the total, with 436 domestic companies and 580 foreign companies.
- January 2008
- Release of specifications for “CC-Link IE Controller Network”.
The unique gigabit backbone “CC-Link IE Controller Network”, supporting high bandwidth controller to controller communication, is released as part 1 of the integrated network “CC-Link IE”.
- December 2007
- “IEC61158/IEC61784” international standard certification acquired.
- November 2007
- Announcement of the concept of the integrated network “CC-Link IE”.
Announcement of a unique gigabit Ethernet-based network which, while retaining all the openness/high-speed/high reliability features of CC-Link, can also achieve seamless integration of information from information systems up to the field level. This marks the opening of a new era in industrial networks.
- October 2007
- CC-Link IE Controller specification announced.
Beginning of the promotion of Ethernet-based CC-Link networks.
- December 2006
- 5th anniversary commemoration held in rapidly developing Shanghai by “CLPC China”, responsible for wider acceptance of CC-Link in China.
- November 2006
- Specifications for “CC-Link Safety” released.
CC-Link Safety adds communication error detection functions to standard CC-Link specifications, resulting in a SIL 3 certified fieldbus. This opens the realm of safety applications to CLPA partners.
- June 2006
- First presence at the “Embedded Systems Expo & Conference (ESEC)”. CLPA has exhibited here ever since.
- April 2006
- “ISO15745-5” international standard certification acquired. Further establishes CC-Link's position as a global standard.
- December 2005
- China National Standards “GB/Z” acquired.
China is a major market for CC-Link. The “Great Leap Forward” began here with acquisition of these standards.
- November 2005
- CLPA's 5th anniversary.
CLPA achieves all the goals set at its establishment: “700 companies, 700 models and 3 million devices by its 5th anniversary”. 5th anniversary celebration events held with users and partners.
- March 2004
- Topped 2 million units for the total shipment of CC-Link compatible products.
- December 2003
- Announcement of the concept of the “CC-link Safety”safety network - a new global trend.
- July 2003
- CLPA membership exceeds 500 companies. The majority of CLPA's membership is now from companies outside Japan.
- November 2002
- Announcement of CC-Link Ver. 2.0.
“CC-Link Ver. 2.0” appeared, offering up to 8 times greater data capacity, supporting devices which handle large volumes of data. This was in response to the needs of applications requiring large-capacity deterministic data communication, typified by in-situ monitoring of the semiconductor manufacturing process.
- April 2002
- Announcement of CC-Link/LT.
Launch of the sensor level “CC-Link/LT” network, which expands the cable-saving capabilities of CC-Link to the interior of machinery & equipment. Offers all aspects of the performance unique to CC-Link, such as openness, high speed, and high reliability.
- March 2002
- Topped 1 million units for the total shipment of CC-Link compatible products.
- November 2001
- First exhibit at Japan's leading automation fair, the System Control Fair (SCF). CLPA has exhibited at SCF ever since.
- July 2001
- Conformance tests started.
With the collaboration of the Kanagawa Industrial Technology Research Institute, Japan's first conformance tests are carried out. Conformance tests also carried out in China, South Korea, and North America.
- May 2001
- SEMI standards acquired.
Acquired the SEMI_E54.12 international standard of SEMI (Semiconductor Equipment and Material International), responsible for the creation, revision, and publication of various standards relating to semiconductor manufacturing equipment. CC-Link became the world standard open field network in the semiconductor/FPD industries.
- April 2001
- 6 CLPA overseas bases successfully established.
North America, Europe, Asia... Bases set up for the dissemination of CC-Link in various major manufacturing areas around the world. Exhibiting at major exhibitions in each region actively increases awareness of CC-Link.
- December 2000
- Exhibited at “SEMICON-Japan” - an exhibition of the world's top semiconductor manufacturing technology.
- November 2000
- Establishment of the CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA).
The CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA) was established by the 6 Foundation Partner companies as a third-party organization to advance the global acceptance of CC-Link.
- June 2000
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation releases specifications for “CC-Link”.
First step towards a fully open network.
- November 1996
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation develops “CC-Link”.
First introduced to the market as a semi-open network.
- CC-Link Partner